Last week we talked about getting the most out of a conversation class. This week I would like to share how to get the most out of PBO!
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of Pura Buena Onda:
– Come to class each week
– Make up classes that you miss
– Do the optional homework
– Participate in La conversación del día on Facebook, daily
– Attend our social club events, monthly
– Participate in special events that come up throughout the year, like The Buddy/Mentor Program, The 90 Day Bootcamp
– Sign up for the unlimited classes and come to more than 1 class per week
– Come to class each week: Making class a priority is important if advancing is your goal. If maintaining your Spanish is your goal, it’s not quite as important to be consistent.
– Make up classes that you miss: If you pre-pay for a class and you miss it, you’re generally SOL with most businesses. We offer you the option of making up the class (if you take consecutive classes). Take advantage of that! (If you’re not familiar with how the make-up classes work, please email Caro)
– Do the optional homework: We know it’s optional and at no time do we want to make you feel like you have to do it (except Lalo “El Dictador” ☺), but doing it helps you reinforce what you learned in class, prepare for future classes, as well as introducing you to new tools. Our hope is that by doing the homework you will practice your Spanish in between classes, as well as find some new tools to use on your own.
– Participate in La conversación del día on Facebook, daily: How many other language schools do you know, that offer you the opportunity to practice your Spanish in an interactive way on a daily basis, for free? Probably none. We do this because we know how important it is to practice the language you’re learning on a daily basis. Participating in the daily conversation exposes you to all kinds of new vocabulary and allows you an easy opportunity to practice your Spanish daily, for a short period of time.
– Attend our social club events, monthly – Not only are these fun, but it gives you an opportunity to meet other students, of all levels, that share a common interest. It also gives you an opportunity to drink alcohol before speaking Spanish ☺ Doesn’t everyone speak better with a glass of wine? (Or at least they think they do!)
– Participate in special events that come up throughout the year, like The Buddy/Mentor Program or The 90 Day Bootcamp: At PBO we put a lot of extra time into creating challenges for you during the year. We do this because we know it’s easy to get demotivated. These special opportunities offer you a chance to re-motivate and really make a dent in your Spanish.
– Sign up for the unlimited classes and come to more than 1 class per week: Attending class more than once a week makes a HUGE difference. If you want to be guaranteed a space in 2 classes each week, you would need to sign up and pay for 2 classes. But if you have a flexible schedule and are willing to check daily to see what has opened up, at $5/week, the unlimited package is an AMAZING deal, that will help you make progress twice as fast!
We put a lot of thought into creating this very special Spanish speaking community and hope that you are all taking advantage of everything Pura Buena Onda – Conversational Spanish, has to offer!