Goal written by one of PBO’s Students: “Incorporar más español en mi vida normal.”
If you want to incorporate more Spanish into your “normal” life it’s actually a lot easier than you think. You just need to keep your eyes open.
Practically everything you do you can also do in Spanish:
– ATM transactions
– Auto check-out transactions at grocery stores
– When you call a company “oprima dos para español”
– Surveys that are sent to you – do them in Spanish
– Need a recipe for pork? Look for one in Spanish
– Keep a journal? Write in it in Spanish
– Like baseball? Listen to the games in Spanish
– Watch the news? Watch it or listen to it in Spanish
– Need a brochure for something? Pick the one in Spanish
– Change your phone to Spanish
There are MILLIONS of things that you can do to incorporate more Spanish into your life. All you need to do is pick one 🙂 Which one will YOU pick?
The optional homework is to work on the preterit tense this week. One option is to go to the grammar tab, then unit 6, on studyspanish.com. They have a few mini-lessons and some tests that you can take at no charge (if you want to go beyond that you need to pay for the site, but their free section is quite good).
If you have a book or site that you prefer, that works too.
And for those of you that want MORE homework, I would recommend purchasing the book Complete Spanish Grammar (from the Practice Makes Perfect series) by McGraw Hill. It’s an excellent book and covers grammar from a to z.