Weekly Tip: Use your time wisely
Taking a break from a language for an entire month is NOT a good idea. It is amazing how much you can forget in a short time period when you completely step away from it.
Since PBO is closed for the holidays it will be up to you to practice. For those of you that are saying right now “I won’t have time – I’m soooo busy during this time of year!!!” – you are full of caca 🙂 All you need is to use your time wisely.
During the holidays we spend a tremendous amount of time waiting. We wait in the airport, in traffic, in lines at the store, at the post office, everywhere!!! Everything takes longer during the holidays. So all you need to do is to take advantage of that time and use it wisely 🙂
Things you can do while you’re waiting (just to name a few – be creative):
– Talk to yourself while you’re driving (you can also do this while you’re showering)
– Use an app to practice (like Duolingo for example) when you’re waiting in line
– Use your smartphone to participate in PBO’s conversación del día on Facebook, wherever you’re waiting
– Listen to the radio or podcasts in Spanish while you’re driving (you can also do this while you’re cleaning the house or getting ready)
– Carry around a book or magazine written in Spanish – when you’re waiting, pull it out and read 🙂
And these are just a few…the options are endless! So no excuses people!!! Just because you’re not sitting down practicing in a traditional way doesn’t mean that you can’t practice 🙂
Weekly Optional Homework: Week of 12/9 – 12/15 (for our last week of classes!)
– Your optional homework is to check out the website http://conversationexchange.com/ and hopefully find a few people with whom you can practice during the break!