Weekly Tip: Week of 11/11 – 11/17/13
Setting a goal doesn’t seem to be too difficult. Reaching it is a whole other story.
Weekly Tip: When you share a goal with friends you’re much more likely to reach it.
If you want to improve your Spanish, decide what it is that you want to do (see examples below) and tell a friend. Have them tell you what they want to achieve (which doesn’t have to have anything to do with Spanish) and check in with each other every week. Set a consequence and whoever doesn’t reach it, has to pay the price…whatever it is (maybe $5 or washing your car???).
– I am going to answer the PBO FB conversation every day.
– I am going to write in a journal (en español por supuesto) 3x a week.
– I am going to talk to myself while I drive to work, to practice my speaking skills.
– I am going to go to class every week and make up any classes I miss.
– I am going to read a news article in Spanish every other day.
There are millions of other potential goals…you decide!
And let us know if you decided to take us up on our tip 🙂 Buena suerte…
Weekly Optional Homework: Week of 11/11 – 11/17 (for the week of 11/18 – 11/24/13)
– Your optional homework is to make a list of 5 things you like or love and of 5 things you don’t like or hate.
– The items you listed should be written one below the other, so that they can be cut into strips and folded in half for class.
– You can list anything that you like, love, dislike or hate…it can be a thing, an activity, a food, a place, a political party, a person, a time of your life, whatever you want 🙂
– Your optional homework is to write in a journal every day this week. Since we’re practicing how to express emotions in Spanish, write about your emotions. How are you feeling today? What emotions are present? What are you struggling with? What are you happy about? How were you feeling yesterday? Since expressing emotion is difficult in another language (and often in our 1st language), practice it as much as possible this week. Not only will it help your Spanish, but it will help you emotionally & spiritually as well 🙂 Spanish & self-help all in one! What a deal 🙂